January 19, 2022
New landing page
Today we rolled out new landing page for briefcake
We polished mobile view for landing page!
And ready to move towards visual refresh for main application.
September 22, 2021
Landing page tweaks
Finally, did some landing page tweaks:
- Changed project subtitle to “Daily newsletter from your favorite websites” (since newsletters now are all the rave)
- Focus more on “why briefcake” instead of “what’s briefcake”
As a bonus, I managed to drop a lot of code and update a lot of dependencies. These things help ensure long term stability.
Currently working on configuration page to house all the settings related to integrations.
September 14, 2021
Landing page is powered by static framework now!
I managed to separate landing and content pages from main app.
Those static pages are being built by Jekyll and hosted on #Netlify. Netlify redirects feature was a huge time safer!
Main app could be found at app.briefcake.com!
Landing page is almost the same as it was, but…
…it will help me evolve main application without breaking landing and content pages and vice versa.
Handcrafted landing pages also seem like a waste of time, eventually it could be replaced with a page builder (like webflow).
September 08, 2021
- (in progress) moving landing page/content to a static website
- increased concurrency of a web client
- (in progress) fleshing out youtube/instagram integration
It’s quite tough to improve UI while landing and app front end relies on same code. I often fix one part of the app, at the same time break something on a landing page.
Moving landing and content pages to a JAMstack framework would make it easier to evolve app UI further, with more stability.
September 06, 2021
We have tuned our application servers and tweaked the hell out of timeout settings. Resulting in zero timeout errors all whole week! In meantime, Good_job has been stabely churning jobs without a single hiccup with email deliveries
August 22, 2021
Youtube and instagram support in beta
- Adding ability to find YouTube feeds, based on url provided.
- Instagram’s feed is a particularly tricky integration to get working reliably.